Granton – Waterfront

Granton Waterfront lies two miles North of Edinburgh City Centre on the banks of the Firth of Forth and covers 140Ha of brownfield land, split into four development quarters of Central Development Area, North Shore, Forth Quarter and Granton Harbour; all of which command spectacular views North over the estuary to the Fife coastline.

EDI have ownership of sites in both the North Shore and Central Development areas presenting development opportunities which will deliver on the wider waterfront area objectives to:
• Reunite the city with its waterfront
• Encourage the widest possible mix of housing, employment and leisure
• Create a high quality living and working environment
• Facilitate the integration of neighboring communities

The development, aspirations are to deliver around 550 homes, alongside circa 90,000sqft of retail, commercial and leisure. A significant land sale has already been achieved,  which will see a new National Collections Facility built by National Galleries in the heart of the central development area.

Completed developments already delivered  include 300 homes, new infrastructure and public realm.

EDI also own Madelvic House, once the offices for the Madelvic car factory the first to manufacture cars in the UK. This building is currently let as office accommodation and we are working with a local community group granton:hub to consider the feasibility of using this building longer term as a community arts hub.

1000+

New Homes

150,000

Commercial sqft

300+

new jobs